Wednesday 2 January 2013

illustrations

Alhamdulilaah! Another post another day...

Today is the start of yet another series of changes, like all of my episodes of change it always starts by me cleaning out my surroundings. As I was rummaging through old photos and books I came across some illustrations I made in my past. For someone that hates mocking hence me avoiding comedians, I realised that all of my illustrations are caricatures.Although non of my caricatures are intended at a specific person, race or culture. I am not even entirely sure if these illustrations would go for caricatures, what I know for sure is I tend to exaggerate certain facial features or garments.The strange thing is(as if someone that hates mocking that draws caricatures is not strange enough) all of these illustrations I drew unintentionally. I always start out by making something really random and shapeless, eventually I see something in it and without thinking it transforms.
What stands out is how each illustration tells a different story, a story that is based on change. Alhamdulilaah now I see that somehow through an unimaginable way finding these illustrations right now is exactly what i need. Its a reminder that change is part of life regardless of how hard change can sometimes be. In the end with every change there is a new story to tell and in my case a new illustration to be drawn.

                               
                         suppose to be my future husband :P, what was I thinking? I have no idea lol



No! They aren't kissing(^_^). Seriously they aren't. It is two admirers that decided they could no longer speak to each other as their feelings for each other could get in the way of their chastity and therefore destroy their Iman( faith). Their silence is the barrier between them yet their love continuously grows.



Nervous wreck-drew this while I was reviewing my bio book before my final exam

And lastly


Arm-less jester.

Hope you enjoy my illustrations as much as I do
Smile-until next time


2 comments:

Ghadeer said...

Very cute!
I can't draw to save my life so I'm very easily impressed!

splice said...

lol well I'm glad I could impress someone other than myself :P which one is your fav?