Tuesday 3 January 2012

boonaa mohammed: STRANGER TO THIS WORLD

Wow! I cannot believe I'm doing a post on brother boonaa mohammed, in fact I feel inspired simply through this post. Obviously that should tell you that this is an extra ordinary guy. Boona mohammed, a poet and spoken word artist was born in Toronto,Canada and is known by many people across the globe as the "VOICE OF THE GENERATION."





This is what brother Boonaa has to say about his poetry:
"I'm not a poet, I'm just a super-spiritual revolutionary soldier equipped with a quick wit and a big mouth who is down to fight for what's right that is loved and supported by like minded individuals and organisations committed to improving  the lives of the disenfranchised masses, that just happens to rhyme well.My poetry is strictly a form of therapy that I use to express my inner thoughts, beliefs and feelings. People have told me that they enjoy my poetry. I enjoy knowing that people enjoy my poetry.If anything I say or don't say offends you, then good. As long as I have been able to stimulate thought.Then my job here is done." 
source :addis tunes


And now I leave you with the very first poem of brother Boonaa that I came across. This way you can judge for yourselves. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I (still) do.





No comments: